Hundreds of workers on strike at UIUC
March 11, 2013 (URBANA, Ill.) -- More than 700 workers at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus are on strike.
Building and food service workers voted to reject university management's latest proposal.
The three-day strike began after midnight.
Wages are just one area separating the two sides. Union leaders say the three-day strike will severely cripple the university.
But the university says dining halls will be open as scheduled, trash will be removed and cleaning will continue.
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help