Hundreds of workers on strike at UIUC
March 11, 2013 (URBANA, Ill.) -- More than 700 workers at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus are on strike.
Building and food service workers voted to reject university management's latest proposal.
The three-day strike began after midnight.
Wages are just one area separating the two sides. Union leaders say the three-day strike will severely cripple the university.
But the university says dining halls will be open as scheduled, trash will be removed and cleaning will continue.
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 43 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays,...
45 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help