More jobs, unemployment up in Illinois
March 21, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) -- Illinois added more jobs in February, but for the second month in a row, the unemployment rate was up.
Unemployment rose to 9.5 percent.
That was up from nine percent in January.
At the same time Illinois added 12,400 new jobs.
Authorities say the unemployment number is determined by the number of people looking for work.
So it can go up as more start looking for jobs again.
- Two dead in Wendell home 28 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 5 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 42 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water 2 min ago
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 22 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- Community comes together to fight for...
4 min ago