Charges filed in death of Trooper Kyle Deatherage on I-55
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Johnny B. Felton, Jr., 52, is charged with reckless driving in a crash that killed Illinois State Police Trooper Kyle Deatherage.
Deatherage, 32, was struck by a semi tractor-trailer truck on I-55 at milepost 62 near Litchfield, which is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis, Mo., on November 26, 2012. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Felton faces two felony charges, including reckless homicide and operating a commercial motor vehicle without a valid license. Felton's commercial license issued out of Georgia permitted intrastate commerce only, officials said.
Felton was arrested on April 23, 2013. His bond was set at $250,000.00 on the two charges.
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 39 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays,...
41 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help