Quinn announces more money for 'Welcome Home Heroes' program
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Governor Pat Quinn announced that the state is adding $5 million to a program that helps veterans buy their own homes.
He made the announcement at the home of former Army Reservist Janelle Hamilton.
Hamilton is a Chicago police officer who moved into her house two months ago as a part of the "Welcome Home Heroes" program.
Eligible veterans get a loan, a cash grant and a tax credit.
Quinn says the program has helped a thousand military families buy homes since it started 18 months ago.
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help