Quinn announces more money for 'Welcome Home Heroes' program
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Governor Pat Quinn announced that the state is adding $5 million to a program that helps veterans buy their own homes.
He made the announcement at the home of former Army Reservist Janelle Hamilton.
Hamilton is a Chicago police officer who moved into her house two months ago as a part of the "Welcome Home Heroes" program.
Eligible veterans get a loan, a cash grant and a tax credit.
Quinn says the program has helped a thousand military families buy homes since it started 18 months ago.
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true 1 min ago
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught 9 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash# 5 min ago
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- Son: Graham's health declining
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks 39 min ago
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Mandela's humility and charm shined through life 20 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help