Rockford area Catholic parishes OK'd to sponsor Boy Scout troops
June 6, 2013 (ROCKFORD, Ill.) -- The head of the Catholic diocese in Rockford says parishes in his region can keep sponsoring Boy Scout troops.
The statement comes after the scouting group's national organization said it would start allowing openly gay members.
Catholic organizations in Rockford sponsor 42 scouting groups.
The Most Reverend David Malloy says the recent decision by the scouts does not seem to provide an obstacle to the church's sponsorship of local scouting troops.
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 18 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers 43 min ago
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case 57 min ago
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes...
17 min ago
- Uptick in flu cases in Triangle
23 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help