Illinois State Fair underway in Springfield
August 9, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) -- The Illinois State Fair got underway Thursday night with the twilight parade in Springfield.
Thousands will be enjoying events during the 10-day run of the 160th Illinois State Fair.
You can enjoy plenty of food, rides and music.
The concert lineup includes performances by country stars Toby Keith and Kip Moore, pop artists Ke$ha, John Mayer, and classic rock group Journey.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 47 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation