Couple deny killing daughter's pimp
A San Francisco couple accused of murdering the man they say pimped their teenage daughter could face the death penalty if they're found guilty.
Barry Gilton, 38, and Lupe Mercado, 37, pleaded not guilty Friday, as friends and family members packed the courtroom to support them. Because the couple allegedly planned what District Attorney George Gascon called a "vigilante murder," they are eligible for the death penalty, according to KGO-TV, ABC's San Francisco station.
Gilton's and Mercado's defense lawyer said he thinks prosecutors are making a "big mistake."
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos