Another needle found in airline sandwich
An Air Canada passenger found what appeared to be a sewing needle inside a pre-prepared sandwich while on a flight Monday from Victoria, British Columbia, to Toronto, officials said.
A full investigation is now underway, according to the airline. Air Canada has contacted the caterers who prepared the meals, but has refused to release the name of the company.
The airline is cooperating with police investigating the matter, Air Canada spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Safety is a top priority, he said, adding that Air Canada is working with the food company to ensure that heightened security measures are put in place.
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos