Yeardley Love's family feared ex-beau's violent past
The family of Yeardley Love, the college senior who was murdered by ex-boyfriend George Huguely, said today that they were shocked when they found out about Huguely's violent past and had urged Yeardley to get a restraining order against him.
Love, 22, was killed by Huguely, 25, in a drunken rage on May 3, 2010, just weeks before she was to graduate. Both played on the University of Virginia's elite lacrosse teams.
In an appearance on ABC's "Katie" today, Love's mother, Sharon Love, and her sister Lexie Love, recalled their growing concern over Yeardley Love's former boyfriend, a worry that Yeardley seemed to dismiss.
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos