Bank error nearly causes veteran, 91, to lose home
PASADENA, Texas (WTVD) -- Severina Wilson is a 91-year-old widow, and a veteran of both World War ll and Korea. And through no fault of her own, she was about to lose her Texas home.
The 91-year-old was afraid she'd be kicked out of her home after receiving foreclosure papers. But it all turned out to be a big mix-up, and luckily she found the right help to get it all sorted out.
On Friday, the widow and veteran was to be evicted from her home but she had done nothing to lose it. Proving it was another matter, until some lawyers with hearts and a bank willing to correct the mistake intervened.
Severina Wilson has seen a lot in her life. She served in the Army during World War II, and during the Korean War, she was assigned to the Marines. What she never expected to see was a foreclosure notice.
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 16 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 7 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash