American Airlines, US Airways could merge
CHARLOTTE -- A possible merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways that would create the nation's largest carrier could be in the works and announced as soon as next week.
The two airlines have been discussing a potential deal for months and sources tell ABC News affiliate WFAA that the board of directors of AMR Corp., American's parent company, will meet on Monday to consider a possible merger.
Nothing has been decided and no actual deal is in place, a source told ABC News. That doesn't mean a deal can't be hammered out between the two airlines.
Both airlines have declined to comment on reports that a merger is imminent. If a deal is reached, the new airline would become the largest in the U.S.
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency 22 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car 18 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2 6 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help