FBI posts video of DC Navy Yard shooter
WASHINGTON -- The FBI on Wednesday posted video of Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis methodically stalking his victims.
No video of the actual shooting is posted, but Alexis can be seen jogging through the building - often in a crouched position - armed with a shotgun.
Alexis killed 12 people in the attack. Investigators say the 34 year old had a history of mental problems.
Valerie Parlave, head of the FBI's field office in Washington, said Wednesday during a news conference that investigators are continuing to explore his background and motivations.
Parlave says Alexis held a delusional belief that he was being controlled by extremely low frequency waves, or ELF waves. Alexis had written "my ELF weapon" on a shotgun he used in the rampage.
Alexis, a former Navy reservist and IT contractor, was killed in a shootout with police.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand 8 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast