Breastfeeding mom fined for bringing child to jury duty
MISSOURI (WTVD) -- A Missouri mother is fighting the court system for mandating she serve jury duty while breastfeeding.
Laura Trickle was charged with contempt of court after she brought her baby to court, according to The Kansas City Star.
"I would be able to pump on breaks, unfortunately Axel doesn't take a bottle, so that's not an option for us," she said. "The other option was to have someone stay with me all day and then be able to nurse on breaks. But since I'm a stay at a home mom we don't have childcare."
In addition to the contempt charge, Trickle also faces up to a $500 fine.
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75