Civitas calls for probe into NC Dem Party finances
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Civitas Institute wants an investigation into the funds used by the Democratic Party to pay for the settlement related to the sexual harassment case at the center of a controversy.
In a letter, Civitas President Francis De Luca requested the State Board of Elections find out where that money came from:
"I am requesting that the State Board of Elections investigate the source of funds used by the NCDP to arrange a reported financial settlement in connection with an alleged case of sexual harassment at the NCDP,"
De Luca said, since the state provides the Democratic Party with taxpayer money, it's vital that any money involved was handled in an "accountable and transparent manner."
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- Video: 82nd's All American Week Division review
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament