McCrory threatens legal action over political ad
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory is threatening a "defamation action" over a political ad he says is "false and illegal".
The McCrory campaign is targeting the Democratic Governors Association and other liberal groups who sponsored the commercial and ABC11 for continuing to air it.
The commercial insinuates that McCrory may have been lobbying for tree.com, while serving on their board and while serving as mayor of Charlotte.
McCrory denies those claims and is threatening any TV station that airs the ad.
So far, he says one station in the state has agreed to pull the ad, but no other stations are on record having done so.
ABC11 management released a statement saying they respectfully declined to stop airing the ad, saying they weren't given sufficient reason to do so.
pat mccrory, inside politics
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes 11 min ago
- NC has fewer teachers and more students 5 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help