NC Police Benevolent Association endorses Dalton
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton has received a new endorsement in his bid for governor.
Tuesday, the Democratic candidate got the support of the North Carolina Police Benevolent Association.
The state's largest law enforcement organization also endorsed Dalton in the primary.
"We are proud to endorse Walter Dalton for Governor. He has a proven track record of working with and for law enforcement during his public service career," said NCPBA President Randy Byrd. "A vote for Walter Dalton is a vote for these officers and the citizens they serve."
"I am honored to have the endorsement of the Police Benevolent Association. These men and women put their lives on the line every day to keep us all safe. As Governor, I will work hard to support and protect the law enforcement officers of our state," Dalton said.
PBA members are full-time or retired employees of the various federal, state, county and municipal law enforcement and correctional agencies in North Carolina.
walter dalton, inside politics
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help