NC Police Benevolent Association endorses Dalton
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton has received a new endorsement in his bid for governor.
Tuesday, the Democratic candidate got the support of the North Carolina Police Benevolent Association.
The state's largest law enforcement organization also endorsed Dalton in the primary.
"We are proud to endorse Walter Dalton for Governor. He has a proven track record of working with and for law enforcement during his public service career," said NCPBA President Randy Byrd. "A vote for Walter Dalton is a vote for these officers and the citizens they serve."
"I am honored to have the endorsement of the Police Benevolent Association. These men and women put their lives on the line every day to keep us all safe. As Governor, I will work hard to support and protect the law enforcement officers of our state," Dalton said.
PBA members are full-time or retired employees of the various federal, state, county and municipal law enforcement and correctional agencies in North Carolina.
walter dalton, inside politics
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches