Poll: McCrory's lead narrows with Libertarian in mix
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A new Civitas poll shows Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory's lead over Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton narrowed when respondents could choose Libertarian candidate Barbara Howe.
In May, McCrory was 10 percentage points ahead of the Democrats' Dalton, in the same conservative-leaning poll.
However, in the latest poll taken between June 29 to July 1, McCrory only led Dalton by the margin of 46 percent to 44 percent. Granville County resident Howe was the choice of 7 percent of those polled.
"Although the polls differ somewhat in format, the data suggests that a significant portion of McCrory's support shifted to Howe when given the chance," Civitas President Francis X. De Luca said. "To win those votes in November, McCrory likely will have to persuade libertarian-minded voters that he too wants to and can rein in out-of-control government."
walter dalton, pat mccrory, inside politics
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 48 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 40 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 31 min ago
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets