Poll: McCrory's lead narrows with Libertarian in mix
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A new Civitas poll shows Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory's lead over Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton narrowed when respondents could choose Libertarian candidate Barbara Howe.
In May, McCrory was 10 percentage points ahead of the Democrats' Dalton, in the same conservative-leaning poll.
However, in the latest poll taken between June 29 to July 1, McCrory only led Dalton by the margin of 46 percent to 44 percent. Granville County resident Howe was the choice of 7 percent of those polled.
"Although the polls differ somewhat in format, the data suggests that a significant portion of McCrory's support shifted to Howe when given the chance," Civitas President Francis X. De Luca said. "To win those votes in November, McCrory likely will have to persuade libertarian-minded voters that he too wants to and can rein in out-of-control government."
walter dalton, pat mccrory, inside politics
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 49 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 45 min ago
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help