McCrory leads Dalton in latest poll
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- New research from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling organization shows Pat McCrory is comfortably ahead in the governor's race while the General Assembly is deeply unpopular.
PPP said Wednesday that Republican McCrory leads Democrat Walter Dalton by 7 points.
Dalton continues to struggle against poor name recognition amongst potential voters despite currently holding the lieutenant governor's office.
PPP also said voters are not positive about the Republican controlled General Assembly. It found only 22 percent approve of the job it's doing compared to 52 percent who disapprove.
Read the entire poll at: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/07/mccrory-leads-by-7.html
pat mccrory, walter dalton, inside politics
- NAACP, students challenge education changes 14 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions 55 min ago
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- Southern Pines officer remembered
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos