Poll: McCrory hangs on to double digit lead
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The lead in the race for the governor's office remains in the double digits.
Republican Pat McCrory maintained his ten-point lead over Democrat Walter Dalton in Civitas Institute's latest poll. That's the same margin separating the candidates in the regular Civitas Poll in May.
McCrory has the support of 47 percent of the respondents to the conservative leaning poll.
That's compared to 37 percent for Dalton and six percent for Libertarian candidate Barbara Howe.
"Any one poll is a snapshot of voter sentiment," Civitas President Francis De Luca said. "More important are the trends over time, and those trends show McCrory maintaining a significant lead."
pat mccrory, walter dalton, inside politics
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 25 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS