Sexual harassment scandal heading to court
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The case that rocked the North Carolina Democratic Party just a couple months ago began to play itself out in court Monday.
The alleged sexual harassment scandal forced then-Executive Director Jay Parmley to step down and had just about every top Democrat in the state calling for Chairman David Parker to resign as well.
Now, the employee who made the harassment allegations, Adrian Ortega, is back in the spotlight. He's saying the party violated a confidentiality agreement and maligned his name for political reasons and he wants that to stop.
A judge will hear the case Wednesday afternoon.
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom 42 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team 51 min ago
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16? 11 min ago
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder
43 min ago
- Driver killed after car collides with Wake...
41 min ago