Fight over sex scandal at NC Dem Party goes to court
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The harassment scandal that rocked the North Carolina Democratic Party is working its way through the courts. However, don't expect to hear anything else about it for a month or so.
Monday, a Wake County judge effectively shut out the media.
Judge Howard Manning said that he won't make public any of the information learned in the process known as discovery where each side learns what it can about the opposing side's argument.
A former staffer at the state Democratic Party is suing for defamation and breach of a confidentiality settlement after being fired for alleging he'd been harassed by the party's former executive director.
- Abaroa defense asks case be dismissed
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
- Westbound I-40 reopens at I-440 interchange 1 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- Soldiers kick off All American Week
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim