Tagg Romney joke in NC raises eyebrows
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Mitt Romney's eldest son Tagg told a Raleigh radio host Wednesday that the sometimes heated moments during the campaign make him want to "take a swing" at President Obama.
Tagg Romney's remarks came during an interview with TalkRadio 850 WPTF's Bill LuMaye.
LuMaye asked the candidate's son - and one of his closest campaign advisers - what it's like to hear President Obama call his father a "liar."
"You want to rush down the debate stage and take a swing at him but you know you can't do that because, well first cause there is a lot of secret service between you and him," Tagg Romney said of what he would have liked to during the presidential debate earlier this week.
"This is the nature of the process," the Romney son said, who sounded jovial in his remarks. "You know they are going to do everything they can to try to make my dad into someone he's not. We signed up for it. We gotta kinda sit there and take our punches, and then send them back the other way."
A campaign aide later told ABC News that Tagg Romney's remarks were all in jest, adding that he was joking about how frustrating the campaign process can be for family.
ABC News' David Muir and Emily Friedman contributed to this report. Click here for more political coverage from ABC News.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 28 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 10 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 43 min ago
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited 43 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation