Gov. Pat McCrory reiterates his support for offshore drilling
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Governor Pat McCrory reiterated his support for offshore gas exploration on Monday.
The governor made the comments in downtown Raleigh to a group of utility regulatory agencies from different states.
McCrory said offshore drilling will help the U.S. become less dependent on foreign oil.
He also said he wants energy to be affordable for businesses and protected from potential terrorist activity.
In a speech in February at the Emerging Issues Forum in Raleigh, McCrory also touched on his view on energy exploration.
"We can either sit on the sidelines as we've done for the past 10 years or we can take proactive initiatives to get North Carolina into the energy business," said McCrory.
pat mccrory, inside politics
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help