New football coach possible for Duke University
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke could be closer to getting a head football coach.
The Knoxville News Sentinel out of Tennessee is reporting that University of Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe has been offered the job of head football coach at Duke University.
The paper also says Cutcliffe will accept the position Friday. Cutcliffe has been Tennessee's offensive coordinator for two seasons. Before that he was head coach at University of Mississippi.
If Cutcliffe is the next Blue Devil coach he faces a tough re-building task. Duke has won just 22 games in 13 years.
Duke fired coach Ted Roof following this season's 1-11 record.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide