New football coach possible for Duke University
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke could be closer to getting a head football coach.
The Knoxville News Sentinel out of Tennessee is reporting that University of Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe has been offered the job of head football coach at Duke University.
The paper also says Cutcliffe will accept the position Friday. Cutcliffe has been Tennessee's offensive coordinator for two seasons. Before that he was head coach at University of Mississippi.
If Cutcliffe is the next Blue Devil coach he faces a tough re-building task. Duke has won just 22 games in 13 years.
Duke fired coach Ted Roof following this season's 1-11 record.
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 38 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 54 min ago
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA 35 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Video: Local family is truly home for the holiday 7 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
26 min ago
- Local family is truly home for the holiday
7 min ago
- Consumer Alert: Online dating scams
14 min ago