NC State adding 20 player for 2011
Nineteen student-athletes have signed letters of intent with the Wolfpack, along with one tranfer student.
The athletes will join the Wolfpack football squad for the 2011 season, head coach Tom O'Brien announced Wednesday. Newcomer, junior college transfer McKay Frandsen, enrolled at State in January and will go through spring drills with the team.
"Heading into this recruiting season, our biggest area of concern was replacing our specialists," said O'Brien in a press release. "We have filled those needs by signing one of the top punters in the country, one of the top kickers in the country and one of the top snappers in the country."
"Most importantly, this is a very unselfish class," O'Brien added. "They are concerned with coming in and helping us achieve our goal of winning a championship. They are confident that we will put them in the best position to succeed individually and for us to succeed as a team."
NC State will open spring practice on March 17 and will conclude on April 16 with the annual Kay Yow Spring Game.
duke football, sports
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos