Wilson leaving NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NC State announced Friday that Wolfpack quarterback Russell Wilson has requested and been granted a release so that he can pursue opportunities in football at another university.
"Russell and I have had very open conversations about his responsibilities respective to baseball and football," said NC State head football coach Tom O'Brien in a statement. "While I am certainly respectful of Russell's dedication to baseball these last several years, within those discussions I also communicated to him the importance of his time commitment to NC State Football."
"Although I remain undecided on the option of playing college football this coming season, I believe it is in the best interest of the players and coaches involved to end any speculation of my return to the Wolfpack. It has become apparent that the time has come for the program to move on without me," said Wilson in a statement.
nc state football, sports
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 38 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63 10 min ago
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
- NC Central tops Norfolk St 68-45
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison