Canes take on new owner
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Carolina Hurricanes announced Thursday they're taking on another ownership partner.
Michael Kahn - owner and governor of Carolina's American Hockey League affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers - is joining current Canes owner Peter Karmanos Jr.
"Investing in the Hurricanes not only solidifies my support for Mr. Karmanos and his vision for the sport in the South, but also my support and belief in the growth of the game," said Kahn in a statement released by the team.
Born and raised in Atlanta, Kahn is the chief operating officer of a family-owned wine and spirits business called Empire Distributors Inc., originally founded by his grandfather in 1940.
carolina hurricanes, sports
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 1 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers