Violation forces NC State's Leslie out for 3 games
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NC State forward C.J. Leslie will sit out the next three games after the school said he and a relative received impermissible benefits totaling $410.
NC State said it reported the violations to the NCAA.
According to a news release from the university, Leslie borrowed a car from a friend and former NC State student after an auto accident in May and used it for about a week. The same former student also paid an apartment application fee for Leslie's half brother.
The total value of both - car rental $150 and application fee $260 - will be donated to a charity by Leslie.
The school said the NCAA has agreed to the three game suspension.
NC State said the former student - who it did not name - also admitted giving $1,349 to another former student athlete. That player was also not named. That case is still under investigation.
nc state basketball, sports
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 44 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- Large storage vault auction to be held
40 min ago