McAdoo will remain a Tar Heel
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- UNC freshman forward James Michael McAdoo has decided to return to school and play for the Tar Heels next season, the school announced Thursday.
"I love being at Carolina and really enjoy competing with and being around my teammates and am excited about what we can do together next season," McAdoo said.
McAdoo averaged 6.1 points and 3.9 rebounds in 38 games this season for the Heels.
The Norfolk, Va., native started three games (twice in the ACC Tournament and once in the NCAA Tournament) and averaged 10.6 points in his last seven contests. He scored a season-high 15 points against Kansas in the Midwest Regional final.
Last week, UNC announced that John Henson, Harrison Barnes, and Kendall Marshall will leave for the NBA.
unc basketball, sports
- Raven Abaroa's mom tells Janet to dump son 15 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 2 arrested after flight from Pakistan diverted
- Dean named provost at UNC-Chapel Hill 40 min ago
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Man charged in girlfriend's stabbing death
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts