East Carolina player arrested
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- A basketball player at East Carolina University was arrested Monday on charges out of Rochester, N.Y.
The U.S. Marshals Service said 22-year-old Shamarr Bowden was arrested without incident. He's charged with criminal possession of a firearm and prohibited use of a firearm.
Rochester police said Bowden is accused of brandishing a .45 caliber pistol and firing it into the air during a party over Easter weekend.
ECU's website lists Bowden as a junior guard on the school's team.
east carolina basketball, sports
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide