NCCU football coach arrested
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central Head Football Coach Henry Frazier III was arrested in Morrisville Monday on a charge of assault on a female.
Morrisville police said the arrest was the result of a report of a domestic assault on Bending Branch Ct. at 12:17 a.m.
Investigators said Frazier's wife said she and her husband were arguing and Frazier assaulted her. Police said there was evidence of an assault.
Frazier was not at the home when officers arrived. He was stopped in his car a short distance away.
The 44-year-old is in his second year coaching the Eagles.
In a statement, NCCU said it was aware of the arrest.
"NCCU does not condone any action or activities of students, faculty and staff that violate city, county, state or federal laws. The university's expectation of high ethical standards applies to our entire campus community. As this is a legal matter, the jurisdictions involved will conduct a thorough investigation into the incident."
Frazier's bond was set at $1,500.
nccu football, wake county, sports
- Suspect arrested in Raleigh bank robbery
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Public hearing held on Cumberland Co. gun range
- Customer robbed outside Cary bank
- Sinkhole closes Blowing Rock outlet mall in NC
- McCrory: Budget deal may not happen by July
- Woman facing murder charges in Falls Lake death
- NC Democrats, chairman reach complaint settlement
- NC finds first evidence of ash tree killing bug
- Duke Energy rate increase would average 5 percent
- Human remains found in Durham
- Fire displaces 3 Cary families