Ralston Turner transfers to NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NC State head coach Mark Gottfried said Tuesday that Ralston Turner, a 6-6 guard from Muscle Shoals, Ala., has transferred to the Wolfpack basketball program.
Turner spent his first two seasons at LSU, playing in 60 games with 59 starting assignments for the Tigers. He has two more years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2012-13 season under NCAA transfer rules.
"Ralston is a young man I've known for quite a while," Gottfried said. "He's a excellent shooter and a very good overall perimeter player. We are very happy to have him join us."
As a freshman, Turner led the Tigers in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game. Turner earned All-SEC Freshman Team honors despite missing the first five conference games of the season due to injury.
nc state basketball, sports
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 1 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 16 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 9 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 31 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 31 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 30 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 16 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
26 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
42 min ago