Ralston Turner transfers to NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NC State head coach Mark Gottfried said Tuesday that Ralston Turner, a 6-6 guard from Muscle Shoals, Ala., has transferred to the Wolfpack basketball program.
Turner spent his first two seasons at LSU, playing in 60 games with 59 starting assignments for the Tigers. He has two more years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2012-13 season under NCAA transfer rules.
"Ralston is a young man I've known for quite a while," Gottfried said. "He's a excellent shooter and a very good overall perimeter player. We are very happy to have him join us."
As a freshman, Turner led the Tigers in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game. Turner earned All-SEC Freshman Team honors despite missing the first five conference games of the season due to injury.
nc state basketball, sports
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 52 min ago
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 33 min ago
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- NC educators have new retirement savings option
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- Car smashes into concrete truck, blocks road
- High speed chase ends in crash, arrest
- Oakwood decision could have far reaching effects