Ralston Turner transfers to NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NC State head coach Mark Gottfried said Tuesday that Ralston Turner, a 6-6 guard from Muscle Shoals, Ala., has transferred to the Wolfpack basketball program.
Turner spent his first two seasons at LSU, playing in 60 games with 59 starting assignments for the Tigers. He has two more years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2012-13 season under NCAA transfer rules.
"Ralston is a young man I've known for quite a while," Gottfried said. "He's a excellent shooter and a very good overall perimeter player. We are very happy to have him join us."
As a freshman, Turner led the Tigers in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game. Turner earned All-SEC Freshman Team honors despite missing the first five conference games of the season due to injury.
nc state basketball, sports
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos