NC State names first hall of fame inductees
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NCSU announced its picks Tuesday to be the first inductees into its NC State Athletics Hall of Fame.
Jim Valvano and Kay Yow will join some of the best players ever to represent the Wolfpack in men's and women's basketball, football, women's track and field/cross country and men's soccer.
"The efforts of the hall of fame selection committee and chair Chris Kingston are very much appreciated," said director of athletics Deborah A. Yow in a news release. "We look forward with great anticipation to the inductions and the celebration of achievements by 10 extraordinary men and women."
Here's the list:
Genia Beasley, Women's Basketball, 1977-80
Ted Brown, Football, 1975-78
Everett Case, Men's Basketball (coach), 1946-64
Roman Gabriel, Football, 1958-61
Tab Ramos, Men's Soccer, 1984-87
Jim Ritcher, Football, 1976-79
Julie Shea, Women's cross country, Track & Field, 1977-80
David Thompson, Men's Basketball, 1972-75
Jim Valvano, Men's Basketball (coach), 1980-90
Kay Yow, Women's Basketball (coach),1975-2009
The inaugural hall of fame class will be celebrated at the 2012 NC State Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Banquet on Oct. 5 in Reynolds Coliseum.
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease 10 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death