NC State names first hall of fame inductees
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- NCSU announced its picks Tuesday to be the first inductees into its NC State Athletics Hall of Fame.
Jim Valvano and Kay Yow will join some of the best players ever to represent the Wolfpack in men's and women's basketball, football, women's track and field/cross country and men's soccer.
"The efforts of the hall of fame selection committee and chair Chris Kingston are very much appreciated," said director of athletics Deborah A. Yow in a news release. "We look forward with great anticipation to the inductions and the celebration of achievements by 10 extraordinary men and women."
Here's the list:
Genia Beasley, Women's Basketball, 1977-80
Ted Brown, Football, 1975-78
Everett Case, Men's Basketball (coach), 1946-64
Roman Gabriel, Football, 1958-61
Tab Ramos, Men's Soccer, 1984-87
Jim Ritcher, Football, 1976-79
Julie Shea, Women's cross country, Track & Field, 1977-80
David Thompson, Men's Basketball, 1972-75
Jim Valvano, Men's Basketball (coach), 1980-90
Kay Yow, Women's Basketball (coach),1975-2009
The inaugural hall of fame class will be celebrated at the 2012 NC State Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Banquet on Oct. 5 in Reynolds Coliseum.
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos