Blair Holliday improving; now speaking
ATLANTA (WTVD) -- Duke receiver Blair Holliday spoke for the first time Tuesday since being critically injured in a jet-skiing accident on July 4.
Holliday put his newly rediscovered skills to the test on a conference call with the Duke coaching staff.
According to a Duke news release, Head Coach David Cutcliffe asked Holliday if he knew how much everyone on the team loved him. Holliday confidently answered yes.
Holliday's mother also heard her son speak for the first time when she said "I love you."
He responded, "I love you too, Mom."
duke football, sports
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills 33 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital 3 min ago
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham 17 min ago
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home