Blair Holliday improving; now speaking
ATLANTA (WTVD) -- Duke receiver Blair Holliday spoke for the first time Tuesday since being critically injured in a jet-skiing accident on July 4.
Holliday put his newly rediscovered skills to the test on a conference call with the Duke coaching staff.
According to a Duke news release, Head Coach David Cutcliffe asked Holliday if he knew how much everyone on the team loved him. Holliday confidently answered yes.
Holliday's mother also heard her son speak for the first time when she said "I love you."
He responded, "I love you too, Mom."
duke football, sports
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 9 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 15 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash