Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic this weekend
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Dozens of celebrities are expected in the Triangle this weekend for the 2012 Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic.
Friday, golfers took to the links of Pinehurt No. 4 for the ESPN Pre-V event.
Saturday and Sunday, the actual Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic will be held at the Lonnie Poole Golf Course on NC State's Centennial Campus.
It's the nineteenth year for the annual tournament which brings together celebrities, local and national sponsors, and volunteers to raise money for cancer research.
For a full schedule of all the events and ticket information, go to www.golfclassic.org
The V Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State basketball coach and ESPN commentator.
The event raises money to fund cancer research grants nationwide.
For more information on The V Foundation or to make a donation, please visit www.jimmyv.org.
wake county, sports
- Slow moving thunderstorms linger Monday
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered 50 min ago
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests 47 min ago
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cancer returns for child who gave gifts to patients
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us