Canes assign 28 players to Charlotte Checkers
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Carolina Hurricanes assigned 28 players to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League and one player to his Canadian Hockey League team on Saturday.
The 28 players assigned to Charlotte are forwards Nicolas Blanchard, Zach Boychuk, Zac Dalpe, A.J. Jenks, Riley Nash, Victor Rask, Jerome Samson, Justin Shugg, Jeff Skinner, Jared Staal, Brett Sutter, Brody Sutter, Chris Terry, Tim Wallace and Jeremy Welsh; defensemen Brett Bellemore, Justin Faulk, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Michal Jordan, Tommi Kivisto, Justin Krueger, Austin Levi, Rasmus Rissanen, Bobby Sanguinetti, Beau Schmitz and Joe Sova and goaltenders John Muse and Justin Peters.
In addition, defenseman Ryan Murphy has been assigned to Kitchener of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).
The moves come just minutes before the NHL said there would be no bargaining with union Saturday.
carolina hurricanes, sports
- Suspected meth found near Raleigh airport 6 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast 32 min ago
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe 6 min ago
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed 7 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill 34 min ago
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos