Eddie Faulkner joining NCSU's staff
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- North Carolina State University head football coach Dave Doeren announced Monday that former Big Ten running back Eddie Faulkner is joining his staff.
Faulkner, who spent last season at the University of Wisconsin, will coach the Wolfpack tight ends and fullbacks and serve as special teams coordinator.
Faulkner, a Muncie, Ind., native, spent the 2011 campaign on Doeren's staff at Northern Illinois as running backs coach and special teams coordinator.
Earlier this month, N.C. State announced Doeren's hiring less than 24 hours after he guided the 19th-ranked Northern Illinois Huskies to their second consecutive Mid-American Conference championship, and just six days after firing Tom O'Brien.
Days later, Doeren brought in another member of his Northern Illinois' couching staff, Ryan Nielsen, to coach the defensive line and serve as recruiting coordinator.
nc state football, sports
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 17 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 55 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 9 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
31 min ago