What was that chant at Duke vs. NCSU game?
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Did Duke fans make inappropriate chants from the sidelines at Thursday night's game against NC State?
The controversy lit up social media websites Friday with some accusing fans of chanting "How's your grandma," to NCSU player Tyler Lewis - a freshman guard from Statesville, N.C.
Lewis' grandmother passed away February 1.
But video of the chant posted on YouTube was inconclusive.
Some said the chant was "Past your bedtime" to the youthful looking player.
Other witnesses reported it was just a couple of fans and not the entire Cameron Crazies section.
NC State tells ABC 11 as far as the coaches and athletic department are concerned, they didn't hear "How's your grandma" and they don't believe there was any organized chant on the part of the Duke student section.
Duke never trailed in the game and held off a Wolfpack rally to win 98-85.
N.C. State - the preseason favorite in the ACC - lost its third straight and was denied its first win in Cameron Indoor Stadium since 1995.
duke basketball, nc state basketball, sports
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels 50 min ago