Hairston pleads to lesser charge
SALISBURY, N.C. -- Suspended UNC basketball player P.J. Hairston pleaded guilty to lesser charges Tuesday in a Rowan County traffic case.
Hairston - North Carolina's leading scorer - was charged with speeding and reckless driving last month after an officer said he was clocked doing 93 mph in a 65 mph zone.
Through his attorney, Hairston pleaded to 75 in a 65 and "reckless movements" Tuesday. Hairston did not appear in court.
He will pay a $40 fine and court costs.
UNC suspended Hairston indefinitely on July 28, hours after he was stopped on southbound Interstate 85. That marked the third off-court misstep this offseason for the junior, who was cited twice in the span of a month by authorities while driving a rental vehicle linked to a felon.
unc basketball, sports
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 24 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- NCCU new head football coach named 18 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges 49 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 32 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- NCCU new head football coach named
1 min ago
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil
16 min ago
- Camp director facing child porn charges
27 min ago