Auburn dismisses McAfee, Langford for violation
Auburn has dismissed two basketball players and suspended a third indefinitely.AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn has dismissed two basketball players and suspended a third indefinitely.
Barbee says Auburn has no further comment.
Langford averaged 5.2 points and 2.1 rebounds as a sophomore. McAfee was redshirted last season.
Johnson is a Clemson transfer who played in 19 games and started three last season after becoming eligible after the fall semester. He averaged 2.1 points and 1.5 rebounds.
Center Willy Kouassi and forward Bernard Morena have left the program after one season. That leaves the Tigers with five returning scholarship players, counting Johnson, and five signees. Guard Varez Ward is being investigated for alleged point shaving and is not expected back.
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Durham shooting sends one man to hospital
- Four teens charged in Raleigh stabbing
- Police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run accident
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage
- Photos: Ice topples trees, leaves trail of damage
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos