Vols' Reese out 6 months after labrum surgery
Tennessee freshman guard Derek Reese will miss approximately six months after having surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee freshman guard Derek Reese will miss approximately six months after having surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
Chad Newman, associate director of sports medicine, announced Tuesday night that Reese had surgery earlier in the day at the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
The freshman from Orlando, Fla., enrolled at Tennessee in the second session of summer school. He was with the Volunteers on a recent tour of Italy, but didn't dress for any of the four games.
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom 42 min ago
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos