Ex-UNO, Memphis player Carmouche to LSU
LSU coach Johnny Jones says former University of New Orleans and Memphis guard Charles Carmouche has enrolled in LSU and will join the Tigers for the upcoming season.BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Johnny Jones says former University of New Orleans and Memphis guard Charles Carmouche has enrolled in LSU and will join the Tigers for the upcoming season.
The 6-foot-3 Carmouche played two seasons at New Orleans before transferring to Memphis, where he played the past two years.
However, he received a medical redshirt last season while completing his graduation requirements at Memphis, allowing him to transfer to another Division I program without sitting out a year.
Carmouche, who is from New Orleans, has played in 92 games in his college career with 75 starts. He has averaged 7.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
Jones says Carmouche's ability to defend and his experience will make him an instant leader and a valuable addition to the Tigers.
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos