Saunders turns down Gophers job, source says
ESPN analyst and former NBA coach Flip Saunders has turned down a job offer from the Minnesota Golden Gophers to be their next head coach, a source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Saturday.
ESPN analyst and former NBA coach Flip Saunders has turned down an offer from Minnesota to be the next head coach at his alma mater, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Saturday.
Minnesota is searching to fill a vacancy created when Tubby Smith was fired Monday, a day after the Gophers lost to Florida in the NCAA tournament. Smith coached six seasons for Minnesota.
Minnesota had also targeted Virginia Commonwealth's Shaka Smart, Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg and Butler's Brad Stevens to no avail, with Smart and Hoiberg agreeing to new contracts at their current schools.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos