Mickelson transferring from Arkansas to Kansas
Sophomore forward Hunter Mickelson is transferring from Arkansas to Kansas, where he will sit out next season and have two years of eligibility remaining.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Sophomore forward Hunter Mickelson is transferring from Arkansas to Kansas, where he will sit out next season and have two years of eligibility remaining.
Mickelson was a target of the Jayhawks coming out of high school, but opted to play for the Razorbacks. The 6-foot-10 forward started 20 of the 31 games he played last season, averaging 5.5 points and 3.5 rebounds while leading the team with 39 blocks.
Kansas coach Bill Self said Friday that "the redshirt year will be great for him. It will give him the opportunity to get stronger, get confidence and get his game to the point where he can be a serious impact player for us the following year."
- Defense set to grill accuser in Army sex case
- Powerful quake shakes Northern California
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds 29 min ago
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Conn. shooter's dad wishes he'd never been born
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- 25 injured in California school stage collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos