McCallum decides to leave Detroit for NBA draft
APNewsNow.DETROIT -- Detroit guard Ray McCallum Jr. is skipping his final season of eligibility to enter the NBA draft.
The school announced McCallum's decision Saturday.
McCallum, the 2013 Horizon League player of the year, led the Titans with 18.7 points, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals per game last season. Detroit made the postseason for a second straight year, playing in the NIT.
McCallum scored 1,618 points to rank eighth on the school's career scoring list.
Detroit coach Ray McCallum says he supports his son's decision as both a coach and a father, and he's proud to see his growth over the last three years.
McCallum is the No. 38 ranked player in ESPN's Chad Ford's Top 100.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63 11 min ago
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
- NC Central tops Norfolk St 68-45
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos