Scheyer back to Duke as special assistant
Duke is bringing back former basketball player Jon Scheyer as a special assistant.DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke is bringing back former basketball player Jon Scheyer as a special assistant.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski announced Scheyer's hiring Monday.
Scheyer was a captain on the Blue Devils' last national championship team in 2010.
His hiring fills a hole that opened after longtime Duke assistant Chris Collins left to take over at Northwestern. Nate James was promoted from special assistant to replace Collins on the staff, and Scheyer was brought in to replace James.
Krzyzewski calls Scheyer "one of the greatest young men to ever wear the Duke uniform."
This marks Scheyer's first coaching position. He played in the NBADL and overseas after concluding his Duke career.
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
- Voting rights rally held in Raleigh 29 min ago
- Sanford teen shot in face 56 min ago
- Police search for man who solicited sex act from boy
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Woman sexually assaulted in Fayetteville
- Sources: Plea deal 'on table' in Abaroa case
- Gov. McCrory: Panel should decide who foots coal ash bill
- Video: Downtown Raleigh expecting a population boom 37 min ago
- Deputies: Delivery guy pulled gun on resident
- Is it too early to work on your garden?
21 min ago
- Vampire facial gaining in popularity
42 min ago
- Downtown Raleigh expecting a population boom
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos