Illini's Assembly Hall now State Farm Center
The University of Illinois has sold the naming rights for Assembly Hall to State Farm Insurance Co.
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- The University of Illinois has sold the naming rights for Assembly Hall to State Farm Insurance Co.
In a 30-year, $60 million agreement announced Monday, the home of the university's basketball teams will be known immediately as State Farm Center. The change comes as the 50-year-old arena undergoes a renovation that is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2016.
Athletic director Mike Thomas says the university is proud of the new relationship with State Farm. He added the insurance company, headquartered in Bloomington, is "one of the most respected corporate brands in the world."
- Mistrial declared in Oakwood home invasion trial 44 min ago
- Water pumping from coal ash ponds under scrutiny
- Man charged with Durham woman's murder
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in New York 37 min ago
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Crimea declares independence, seizes property
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Investigators testify in Richardson trial
20 min ago
- NCCU Eagles win Match Madness
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos