Rodriguez transfers from K-State to Miami
The Hurricanes signed point guard Angel Rodriguez, a transfer from Kansas State, on Wednesday after a tour of the campus.It didn't take long for Miami to find a replacement for Shane Larkin.
The Hurricanes signed point guard Angel Rodriguez, a transfer from Kansas State, on Wednesday after a tour of the campus.
Rodriguez, who went to high school in Miami, averaged 11.4 points and 5.2 assists as a sophomore for Kansas State. He transferred because he said he wanted to be closer to his family in Puerto Rico, and will hope to obtain a hardship waiver from the NCAA so he does not have to sit out a year, the Miami Herald reported.
"Angel is an exceptional point guard," Miami coach Jim Larrażaga told the Herald. "When you watch him, you immediately notice his ball-handling and passing skills. He can also hit the open shot. Like Shane, he has a pass-first mentality, but if he sees an open lane, he won't hesitate to attack. We feel very, very good about Angel joining our program, especially since Shane made his decision."
Larkin, who led Miami to the Atlantic Coast Conference regular-season and tournament championships last season, decided to enter the NBA draft on Sunday.
Miami also signed another point guard, Emmanuel LeComte of Belgium, last week, the Herald reported.
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage 14 min ago
- Freeze warning issued for early Thursday 20 min ago
- Researchers: Expect relatively quiet hurricane season 29 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton: I might run for office someday 27 min ago
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation 12 min ago
- Democrats' ad attacks NC House speaker's payments 12 min ago
- Police: Man tried to kidnap child in Durham
- Video: Hagan presents widow of WWII veteran with...
- Raleigh least 'open-minded' about dating 12 min ago
- Car chase ends on American Tobacco Trail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos