Obama lauds Louisville in White House visit
President Barack Obama congratulated the University of Louisville men's basketball team on working toward a single goal -- "to bust my bracket."
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama congratulated the University of Louisville men's basketball team on working toward a single goal -- "to bust my bracket."
Obama picked Indiana to win the 2013 NCAA tournament, but Louisville came out on top. For that, the Cardinals were rewarded with an appearance with the president in the White House East Room.
Obama teased coach Rick Pitino for shirtless photos on the internet that prove he didn't "chicken out" on his promise to get a tattoo if the team won the championship.
Pitino gave Obama a team jersey and a red Louisville Slugger baseball bat commemorating the victory. Pitino joked it may come in handy at difficult press conferences.
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Deal on Dix property could be revived
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- DWI suspect appears in Raleigh courtroom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos